Whatever your script or story coaching needs, the list below will help you decide on the best way to begin working with Michael one-on-one, and will lay out the steps for getting started.
As always, if you have any questions about the process, or about meeting the unique needs of your project, just contact us.
1. WORKING WITH MICHAEL
- Michael’s coaching is a one-on-one, collaborative process. Whether on line, by phone or in person, all coaching sessions are recorded, allowing you to review Michael’s comments and recommendations, along with whatever new ideas are generated during the session.
- All of Michael’s coaching is individual. Together, you will design your program and your schedule in whatever way will best suit your situation, your creative process, and your budget.
- For a better sense of how he supports and connects with his clients, take a look at What Others Say About Working With Michael.
2. CHOOSING A COACHING PROGRAM
- For each coaching category, the one-hour introductory package is ideal if you have a general idea or short description of your story, if you want to get a sense of what working with Michael is like, or if you need coaching on something that won’t take very long, such as a pitch, a single marketing email or a short speech. Should you then decide you want to continue working on your project in greater depth or to completion, you can either purchase more hours, or obtain a discounted package.
- If you have a complete screenplay, a more fully developed outline for a novel, a longer speech or a larger marketing campaign, it makes more sense to buy a larger, discounted package so you and Michael can focus on the overall development of your entire story.
- If none of the listed packages fits your personal situation, or if you want to receive Michael’s coaching on a much larger project, such as several rewrites of a screenplay, a complete presentation with several stories, or an entire marketing campaign, simply email Michael and he will design a program that fits your needs.
- When you’ve selected and purchased your coaching package simply complete the CLIENT REGISTRATION page.
- Please contact us if you prefer to pay by check, money order or wire transfer, and we will reply with instructions.
4. SCHEDULING A COACHING SESSION
- As soon as you’ve purchased your package and completed your registration form you can schedule your first coaching session. Depending on your package, simply choose a 30-minute, 1-hour, or 2-hour block of time, with at least 2 days lead time for 30 to 60-minute sessions, and one week for longer meetings.
5. CANCELING YOUR SESSION
- You are never charged for postponing or cancelling a session, provided you give us at least 24 hours notice by emailing us at Contact@StoryMastery.com. Otherwise you will be charged for one hour of Michael’s time at his regular hourly rate.
- Any cancellation on your part might delay us an additional week or two, as we will have to begin the process of scheduling a new session all over again.
6. PREPARING AND SENDING YOUR WORK
- Be sure to download and review the free KEY STORY QUESTIONS before completing and sending your material.
- Please be sure your screenplay conforms to Michael’s 15 RULES FOR SCRIPT PRESENTATION before you send it to us.
- Any written work for Michael’s input should be ATTACHED TO YOUR EMAIL as a .pdf file (never simply included in the body of the email).
7. PREPARING FOR THE SESSION
- Please read or watch any of Michael’s books or recordings that were included in your package.
- Review the KEY STORY QUESTIONS for your project and be prepared to discuss them with Michael (you do NOT need to send him written answers to the questions).
- Have a printed copy of your work to refer to during the coaching session.
- Please allow an extra 10 minutes for Michael to join the call, in case Michael’s previous client needed a bit of extra time.
- If you have not heard from Michael within 10 minutes of the scheduled appointment, please call us at 1-818-995-4209 to make sure there was no miscommunication.
8. AFTER THE SESSION
- We will email you the recording of your session, plus any documents Michael has annotated, within 24 hours.
- If, at any time during the coaching process, you feel puzzled, confused, frustrated or blocked, please contact us immediately. Michael is very good at responding to your concerns and getting you back on track. But he can’t help you if he doesn’t know you’re stuck!
Looking for Michael’s Coaching Packages?
Top Hollywood top story consultant, Michael Hauge, offers story coaching for Screenwriters & Filmmakers, Novelists, Speakers, Marketing Professionals and Attorneys.