DATE: March 23, 2018 - March 24, 2018
TIME: All Day
Add to: iCal | Google Calendar
BWI Airport Marriott
1743 West Nursery Road
Linthicum, MD 21090
Friday, March 23, 2017
Michael Hauge’s STORY MASTERY
During this special, all-day seminar, Michael will present his unique approach to creating compelling stories for film and fiction.
Drawing on his decades as a Hollywood script consultant, author and lecturer, he will show the most powerful methods for eliciting emotion in your readers and audiences through story concept, plot structure, character development and theme.
Topics covered will include:
- The primary goal of all story
- Turning plot structure from a complicated concept into a simple, powerful tool you can easily apply to every story
- The power of desire, need, longing and destiny
- The essential conflict all characters must face
- Novel structure vs. movie structure
- The single key to creating character arc and theme
- The secret to creating unique, believable and fulfilling love stories
- The most effective process for adapting novels into film
If you want to elevate your screenplays and novels to the highest possible level, this event is a must.
Saturday, March 24, 2017
Michael Hauge’s Pitch Perfect Workshop
Whether at a writers’ conference, a pitch fest, or on the telephone, writers and filmmakers repeatedly face the challenge of having only a minute or two to convince the people in power to look at their work.
With principles drawn from his best selling book Selling Your Story in 60 Seconds: The Guaranteed Way to Get Your Screenplay or Novel Read, Michael reveals the key story components that will guarantee your pitch is a success.
You will learn:
- The single biggest pitching mistake – and how to avoid it
- The 8 steps to a powerful pitch
- Your primary objective – and how to achieve it
- How to target the market for your project
- The single most powerful way to begin your pitch
- The key elements of any story
- The power of antecedents
- A proven method for closing your pitch
- What to do when they say YES
Michael Hauge’s Creating Powerful Scenes
Great scenes – in both scripts and novels:
- Draw the reader into a unique reality
- Create empathy and identification with the characters
- Bring compelling desires and insurmountable conflicts to life
- Contribute to character growth and theme
- Weave magic with words
- Elicit bigger-than-life emotions
With an abundance of examples, Michael will reveal the elements of action, description and dialogue that will insure the overall success of your story.
You will learn:
- The essential components of a well written scene
- What every scene MUST accomplish
- The path to mastering action, description and dialogue
- The secrets of effective editing