DATE: March 21, 2015 - March 22, 2015
TIME: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Add to: iCal | Google Calendar
Connecticut Chapter of Romance Writers of America
Four Points by Sheraton
275 Research Parkway
Meriden, CT 06450
During this special 2-day seminar, Hollywood script and story consultant Michael Hauge, best-selling author of Writing Screenplays That Sell and Selling Your Story in 60 Seconds: The Guaranteed Way to Get Your Screenplay or Novel Read, will present his unique approach to creating compelling fiction, and to eliciting emotion in your readers. Using clips from recent blockbuster love stories and romantic comedies, in-depth examinations of a recent successful film and of a bestselling romance novel, along with lectures, hands on exercises and Q&A sessions, Michael will help you strengthen your story concepts, plot structure, love stories, character development and themes.
Topics covered will include:
- The primary goal of all story
- The power of desire, need, longing and destiny
- The essential conflict all characters must face
- Turning plot structure from a complicated concept into a simple, powerful tool you can easily apply to every story
- Novel structure vs. movie structure
- The single key to creating character arc and theme
- Creating unique, believable and fulfilling love stories
- Developing and revealing backstory
- Using the 4 categories of primary character to strengthen your plot and theme and illustrate your heroine or hero’s inner conflict and transformation
- Adapting your novel to film
- The indispensable elements of a great pitch
As a special added bonus, Michael will be joined on Sunday afternoon by Kristan Higgins for an in-depth examination of one of her novels. Michael will use it to illustrate all of the key elements of successful fiction, then he and Kristan will discuss her process for creating those elements, her own ideas about structure, character arc, romance and backstory, and how she deals with the biggest obstacles writers face in developing and rewriting their stories.
If you want to elevate your writing to the highest possible level, this event is a must.