DATE: July 9, 2016
TIME: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Add to: iCal | Google Calendar
International Screenwriters' Association
International Screenwriters’ Association
5364 Wilshire Blvd #438
Los Angeles, CA 90069
UNITING STORY STRUCTURE AND CHARACTER ARC
Great screenplays unite the hero’s Outer Journey of pursuit and accomplishment with the Inner Journey of transformation. Yet plot structure and character arc are often needlessly mystifying or intimidating for screenwriters.
In this master class, you will master the essential principles of plot structure, and then delve deeply into character to discover and reveal the wounds, fears and identities that create inner conflict for your heroes.
Using film clips from successful Hollywood films, along with hands on exercises, renowned Hollywood script consultant Michael Hauge will then reveal how uniting these two levels of story will empower you to create more emotionally satisfying, and commercially successful, scripts and films.
If you are determined to elevate your screenplays and advance your career; and if you want your stories and their underlying themes to reach – and transform – the widest possible audience, this Master Class is essential.
Saturday, July 9, 2016
8:30 a.m. – Doors Open
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
THE HERO’S OUTER JOURNEY
- The Primary Goal of all Story
- The Three Essential Components of Hollywood Screenplays
- The Six Stages and Five Turning Points of a Well-Structured Screenplay
11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
THE HERO’S INNER JOURNEY
- The Key Character Components: Longing, Need, Wound, Fear, Identity and Essence
- Creating a Template for Your Story
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
LUNCH – Included in registration fee.
2:00p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
UNITING THE TWO JOURNEYS
- The Four Categories of Primary Character
- The Power of Love Stories
- Becoming the Hero of Your Own Journey