The opening of your screenplay is your single most powerful weapon for acquiring an agent or securing a deal. Most Hollywood executives won’t read past page 10 if they’re not immediately involved in your story, but will forgive an abundance of weaknesses later in the script if you grab them from the moment they begin.
Using examples from several Oscar nominated screenplays, this video will show you how to:
- Ensure that your opening scenes draw readers into the world you’ve created
- Set the tone of your screenplay
- Establish empathy with your hero
- Lay the groundwork for character growth and theme
- Compel readers to turn the page
Michael also gives selected participants direct feedback on their opening scenes, which you can read directly on the screen as you hear his commentary and suggestions.
“The most comprehensive and thoughtful analysis yet for professional screenwriting.”
former Senior VP of Production, Universal Pictures
There are no reviews yet.